extractText provides the pure-text version of those
Obj’s attributes that are specified as
extractTextAttributes in its model class. To achieve this, the function removes HTML tags and newlines from the attribute values. Here are some use cases:
- Displaying a preview snippet, for example the first 300 characters of a
- page in a search results list,
- blog post in a blog post overview,
- text preview of a PDF file (e.g. in a search results list).
- Providing metadata for a page, for example by
using extracted text in
twitter:descriptionmeta tags in the header
using widgets as a content source in a Schema.org
- Calculating the estimated reading time of a blog post based on the word count.